Get Into Golf
Blackwood Golf Club welcomes both men and women who are new to golf. The easiest way to get into golf is to undertake one of our “Get Into Golf” programs (formerly known as Give Golf a Go). Many of our current members started golf this way. It is a fun and relaxed way to learn the great game of golf and enjoy a chat over a coffee or drink afterwards.
- New program to commence in October
- Women Thursday 14, 21, 28 October & 4 November 10-11am
- Men Thursday 14, 21, 28 October & 4 November 11-12pm
- Women Saturday 16, 23, 30 October & 6 November 12-1pm
- Mixed Saturday 16, 23, 30 October & 6 November 1-2pm
- These programs are run locally by our Golf Professional, Matthew Dent in collaboration with our Golf Coordinator.
- They consist of 4 x 1-hour lessons with a small group in a very relaxed setting, plus 2 playing sessions on our beautiful course with a friendly member.
- You will learn about safety and etiquette while playing golf. All equipment is supplied or bring your own if you would like.
- Fantastic value at $125 for the 8-week program! – a great way to learn about golf and meet future new friends and future playing partners.
Register on the Get Into Golf website.
Please call the office on 8388 2313 if you have any queries. Read more about the national program on the Golf Australia website.
What do I wear?
Our Dress Code outlines expectations on the course, around the practice facilities and in the clubhouse.
What happens after the Get Into Golf program?
After the initial introductory program, we hope you will be hooked on golf and keen to look at our tailored membership offers. Whether you want to play socially for fun and fitness or want to continue to improve your game, be assured you will be supported. As part of the Get Into Golf program, we introduce you to other Get Into Golf participants and members. After your Get Into Golf program you may wish to join us for one of our GIG for Graduates Ambrose events so you can meet others of similar abilities and share contact details. All our members are friendly and happy to help you in any way.
How can I continue to improve my golf?
Like any sport we all get better by playing and practising. You can arrange extra lessons on your own or with a friend or take advantage of the group lessons through the Get Into Golf follow up programs. Feel free to contact our office or Matt Dent for clinic dates and more information.