Get Into Golf
Blackwood Golf Club welcomes both men and women who are new to golf. The easiest way to get into golf is to undertake one of our “Get Into Golf” programs (formerly known as Give Golf a Go). Many of our current members started golf this way. It is a fun and relaxed way to learn the great game of golf and enjoy a chat over a coffee or drink afterwards.
- The next program starts in October 2020.
- These programs are run locally by our Golf Professional, Matthew Dent in collaboration with our Golf Coordinator.
- They consist of 4 x 1-hour lessons with a small group in a very relaxed setting, plus 4 playing sessions on our beautiful course with a friendly member.
- You will learn about safety and etiquette while playing golf. All equipment is supplied or bring your own if you would like.
- Fantastic value at $125 for the 8-week program! – a great way to learn about golf and meet future new friends and future playing partners.
- However, if you have a group of 4 or more, we can tailor a program at a time to suit you.
Register on the Get Into Golf website.
Please call the office on 8388 2313 if you have any queries. Read more about the national program on the Golf Australia website.
What do I wear?
Clean, neat and tidy attire is expected both on the course and in the Clubhouse.
On the Course
Golf trousers or shorts can be worn by both men and women. In addition, women can wear, three quarter pants or skirts. Shirts must have a collar, unless specifically designed as golf attire. Denim jeans, T-shirts, tank tops, tracksuits and football type shorts are not appropriate and nor is clothing with excessive advertising. Soft spike or flat soled training shoes with socks should be worn. “Active wear” is not appropriate.
In the Clubhouse
Clothing, which is acceptable for wearing on the course, is also suitable for the clubhouse. Dress jeans are also permitted in this area. Golf shoes are permitted on the ground floor and on the rubberized surface in the first floor bar area. Leather boat shoes and sandals without socks are acceptable. However, thongs are not permitted anywhere in the clubhouse and caps, visors and hats may not be worn upstairs.
If you are unsure about what to wear, give our Golf Coordinator a call and she will be happy to help with any queries.
What happens after the Get Into Golf program?
After the initial introductory program, we hope you will be hooked on golf and keen to look at our tailored membership offers. Whether you want to play socially for fun and fitness or want to continue to improve your game, be assured you will be supported. As part of the Get Into Golf program, we introduce you to other Get Into Golf participants and members. After your Get Into Golf program you may wish to join us for one of our GIG for Graduates Ambrose events so you can meet others of similar abilities and share contact details. All our members are friendly and happy to help you in any way.
How can I continue to improve my golf?
Like any sport we all get better by playing and practising. You can arrange extra lessons on your own or with a friend or take advantage of the group lessons through the Get Into Golf follow up programs. Feel free to contact our office or Matt Dent for clinic dates and more information.